Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Booyeah!

It is fair to say that when someone is addressing a class of MIT Sloan students and refers to that school down the river, there are more than a few boos in the crowd.  I have no problem admitting, some of this animosity is due to jealousy.  Harvard is an impressive school with an incredible history.  With Harvard located so close (2 t-stops away), I've been on their campus a few times and I even went to this year's Harvard/Yale football game (Harvard won 10-0, but I must say...coming from Florida and the glory of SEC football, I felt like I was watching a high school game).  On top of being a great school, walking around Harvard's campus is much more ascetically pleasing than walking around MIT the campus.

So while it is depressing to see how poorly our economy is doing, some part of me enjoys seeing how much money Harvard's endowments lost in the first four months of their fiscal year.  While the linked article goes into further detail, all you really need to know is that their endowment lost 8 billion dollars between the end of June and the end of October.  Please take a moment to let that sink in.  It is tragic really.  My best guess is that they are going to have to tighten their belts and only line this year's yearbook with gold, instead of platinum.

6 comments:

  1. ...

    PZJ Cheers for the info. Significantly appreciated. -PO....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    FBJ Cheers for this posting, guys, continue to keep up the wonderful function. -JU....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    DLQ This really is definately 1 of the ideal blogs I've sen in ages on the web. Preserve up the excellent posts. -QG....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    VPJ Very inspiring write-up, Thanks !?! -YV....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    LRS How’s it proceeding? I loved reading this submit. My husband and I've been browsing for this type of post for the longest time and We realize that your info on the issue at hand is spot on. I will be certain to introduce this content to my neice. ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...

    I saw this really wonderful post these days!...

    ReplyDelete