Sunday, October 5, 2008

IM Foosball

So I played on the Sloan Intramural Football team today.  My core teammate Chris helped organized the team and he talked me into participating.  Originally we were going to have an A and a B team (I am 100% B league) but we went from 30 people to 10 people when it came time to play so now we only have an A team.  Overall it was fun, we won, and personally I got my butt kicked.  I forgot my cleats today and the grass was a bit wet...but that was only a small portion of my butt kicking.  Mostly it was my lack of talent, size, or physical ability.  Think Rudy without the heart to captivate America and gross $22,750,363 domestically.



I'm a good team player though and I don't mind riding the pine.  There is just no room in football for a small guy who is slow and can't catch.  The surprising thing about flag football at MIT is that it IS physical.  Flag football at UF is more or less no contact.  O-Linemen can get in the way of rushing defensemen, but they have to keep their arms down so really they are just big pylons.  AT MIT pretty much anything goes.



Don't get me wrong, it wasn't Necessary Roughness out there (Staring Scott Bakula, Sinbad, and of course Kathy Ireland)...though we were playing iron man football.

Overall we were more or less civil, but who knows what will happen when we play a super competitive team.  We might stand a chance though because one of our big guys is a former Navy Seal (super badass) and he more or less looks like the Hulk, we have a speedster who played track at Georgia Tech, and we're lead by a former Army football player.



Again I will reinforce that I was sapposed to be on the B team with the foreigners who have never played football before.  Anyway, back to the physicalness, the refs at the games are just players from the team playing before or after you...so they are not really in control of the game.  Like I said, who knows what happens when the serious contenders get on the field.

3 comments:

  1. ...

    KEA I saw this genuinely good post today! -AO....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    LDX good advice and sharing,I will get this wonderful for me .thank you! -AX....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    ZHJ You guys have a great weblog planning the following, KIU! -PR....

    ReplyDelete