Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Duh...

The other day in class my finance teacher said "demand and supply" and it was so awkward that it hurt my ears.  I don't make up the rules...but for some reason everyone says supply and demand.  Why in that order?  I have no idea!  At this point, saying it the other way just seems absurd.  As I think about which word should come first...its really just the whole "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" thing.  Without demand, there is no reason for supply..and without a supply...well, you end up with the "wishing in one hand and pooping in the other...see which hand fills up first" situation.

This thought lead me to think of other A and B word combinations...where B and A combinations seem crazy.  Now some of these make sense and some don't....but either way, I've listed some of my favorite combinations backwards.  Feel free to comment with other fun combination.  Please remember, we're running a "work safe" blog...so no vulgarity.

ice cream and cake (this is ice cream and cake...not ice cream cake)

female and male

Eve and Adam

cheese and mac

match and mix

pepper and salt

out and in

shine or rain

swim or sink

gentlemen and ladies

4 comments:

  1. ...

    Curious to see what all you intellectuals have to say about this……....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    WHC Fantastic publish! I’ll subscribe proper now wth my feedreader application! -VX....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    LJO Me and my friend have been arguing about an concern comparable to this! Now I know that I used to be right. lol! Thank you to the facts you publish. -YA....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    Hi, many thanks so much for these tips!...

    ReplyDelete