Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Manufacturing versus the Environment

While I think the following article is a bit US biased, Click Me, I did enjoy the point they make about reducing green house emissions by purchasing products made in more “climate sensitive” countries.


A large number (read this to mean all) of products purchased in America are made in China and China, with their incredibly growing coal based power, is much less energy efficient compared to the US (and much less willing to do something about it in the future).
Can't I at least pretend like we are more energy efficient than China?

Can't I at least pretend like we are more energy efficient than China?


I also agree with the point that if we are going to further limit the allowable carbon output of this country we need to be aware of the economic implications these limitations will have on us. Sometimes I wish everyone in the US could take the class I took this past fall (10.579, mentioned in this previous blog). The class was a great overview of different energy technologies, the no-nonsense status of each technology, and the political issues surrounding each technology. Fantastic class.

3 comments:

  1. ...

    LBX Yes, thank for your data a million! Have to discover anybody organizing Tea Party. I wants to participate in organizing. -LF....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    How’s it planning? I enjoyed examining this write-up. My husband and I have been exploring for this kind of write-up for the longest time and We realize that your info on the problem at hand is spot on. I will be confident to introduce this posting to ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    Fantastic web site, thanks a great deal for your awesome posts!...

    ReplyDelete