Thursday, October 8, 2009

/cry, they stole my Fiesta

So I have been wondering when the oil gets changed on a long term rental and I unfortunately got the answer this past week.  Someone from the office area tracked me down in the lab area and said I needed to call Sixt (the car rental company).  When I called them, they said they needed to swap cars so we set up a parking lot meeting just before lunch.  After a little confusion, I found the Sixt man and saw the new vehicle.  I'm not sure I want to call it a car, it's more like an egg.  It's very egg shaped...and orange...and not classy orange, like my Gator pants orange

[caption id="attachment_1527" align="alignnone" width="169" caption="These pants are classy because they are a classy color...orange"]IMG_3571 2[/caption]

It's burnt orange, like Texas orange.

ugly orange

Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible car and it's still free...but it's not fun to drive like the Fiesta was...and it's not a Ford.  We had a couple of Fords growing up (I remember a bright blue Explorer, a forest green Taurus wagon, and there may have been one more) and the first car I bought with my own money (a car not from my parents) was a Ford Expedition (I bought it because I hate the environment and I needed a large vehicle for driving the UF hockey team on long road trips...it seats 8 you know).

Ohh well, it's not a terrible car...it's just not as fun...maybe they'll come swap it out for another one before I leave.

[caption id="attachment_1532" align="alignnone" width="252" caption="I keep forgetting to take a few pics of the car so this image I found on Google will have to do for now"]micra[/caption]

11 comments:

  1. Haha, I thought the weird metallic colours went out back in the 60's/70's? Is it making a come back like everything else?

    Let's hope not!

    - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, but it looks surprisingly good! Reminds me of a newer Charger colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know what you mean! Doesn't the new Challenger have a colour scheme like that? I'm sure they do a ton of focus group work to ensure the general public likes the colours! Especially big car companies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it does look unexpectedly good but the Fiesta and Focus look so much better. Burnt Orange seems to be a trend at the moment. The Lotus Elise and even some Lamborghini's are coming out in this color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    You have got your stage through significantly far better than I at any time could, thank you!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...

    Curious to see what all you intellectuals need to say about this……....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...

    Fantastic weblog, many thanks lots to the amazing posts!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...

    WUL Your place is valueble for me. Thanks! -MR....

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...

    You’ve got your point via much better than I at any time could, thank you!...

    ReplyDelete