Monday, October 12, 2009

Stuttgart, beer, and drinking songs

This past weekend we had an LGO Europe gathering in Stuttgart for an Octoberfest-esc festival called Cannstatter Wasen.  We headed out to the festival on Friday night but just walked around...we did not enter any of the tents.

10-09 Stuttgart

Saturday was the big day for our group.  We walked around until I located an appropriate hat.  I've been looking for an old-fashion German hat for quite some time, and I finally found what I was looking for (pictured below).  After that, we wandered into our tent but it was getting to the end of the morning session and everyone inside the tent was hammered.  Its pretty intense to walk into a party of "can't stand up" drunk people so we walked out to wait until our reservation started.  At 4:30, we were allowed in and started partying.

10-09 Stuttgart1

  • Bottom right: Notice how many people are dressed in traditional clothing, I would say close to 25%


10-09 Stuttgart2

  • I was excited about the size of my coke

  • And very upset that they put mayo in my ketchup, yuck!


10-09 Stuttgart3

  • Top middle-left: One of many times security came by to make people get off the tables...which really did not make sense since the tables were much more sturdy than the benches that we were allowed to stand on

  • Top middle-right: Our friend seems surprised to have found something in his pants...and Becca seems surprised that he is looking while at the table

  • Bottom right: Our first attempt at spelling MIT...Becca and her friend Jen did not understand what we were doing

  • Bottom left: One of ze Germans crashing our table with us.  We had twice the room that we needed so we made friends with people who just sat at our table (or would not leave when we showed up and proved that we had a reservation, but it worked out because they were fun!


10-09 Stuttgart4

  • Top left: Spelling MIT attempt #2 - not a bad effort all things considered...it was hard to explain to a drunk person that they would need to get off the bench and step back to get us all in the picture...so we settled for this one.

  • Top middle: My German friend who was REALLY upset by the fact that I don't drink.  He spent 8 Euros on a beer even though I told him I would not drink it.  When they brought me my beer and I still would not drink it, this upset him even more.  Lots of cursing in English with a thick German accent.  Luckily (like it was hard) I found someone to drink my beer for me.

  • Top right: This guy was partied out...again (Wayne's World quote)

  • Bottom left: Another pass by security

  • Bottom middle: Our server, he was a good sport

7 comments:

  1. American dietary and safety concerns have married one another in the form of light beer, which is lower in calories,lower in alcohol, and (a truly awesome achievement)even lower in flavour than the usual American beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    VSQ Thanks! it's useful to me! -YJ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    IJG How’s it heading? I enjoyed reading through this publish. My husband and I have been exploring for this sort of posting to the longest time and We realize that your info about the matter at hand is spot on. I'll be positive to introduce this posti...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    LWK What a great resource! -ZL....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    Curious to see what all you intellectuals need to say about this……....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...

    It really is good to have the ability to go through a very good quality post with practical particulars on topics that plenty are interested on. The stage that the facts indicated are all very first hand on reside experiences even guide more. Go on per...

    ReplyDelete