Friday, August 15, 2008

Helicopter Extravaganza

Today we competed across the summer teams in our statistics class. The competition was serious business...paper helicopters. The helicopters were the result of our statistical design of experiment to analyze and optimize the design of the helicopters. My team, Lucky #7, came in third overall with the best (longest) hang time and fifth place in distance. The best part of the competition is seeing the creative designs that other teams came up with. One of the Navy teams had a tiny paper cone and when I first saw it I thought no way is that thing going to fly...and then it flew beautifully. Either way, the event was really fun and was definetly the highlight of the stats class.

5 comments:

  1. ...

    Yes, thank for the details a million! Ought to find anybody organizing Tea Party. I would like to participate in organizing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    OZE It really is great to possess the ability to go through a beneficial quality publish with beneficial particulars on topics that plenty are interested on. The stage that the files indicated are all initial hand on reside experiences even help more. ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    XYG It is a very good place! -UM....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    Thank you for the well-thought content. I’m in fact at perform right now! So I ought to go off with no reading all I’d like. But, I set your blog on my RSS feed so that I can understand much more....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    This really is genuinely fantastic news. Thank you for sharing it with us!...

    ReplyDelete