Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I bet they are making a Flux Capacitor

[caption id="attachment_135" align="alignnone" width="150" caption="I assure you...this is NOT relevant"]I assure you...it is NOT relevant[/caption]

In another attempt to write about an article related to industry I came across this guy...Google and General Electric Team Up on Energy Initiatives.  It is a short article about General Electric and Google getting together for energy issues.  The point that the article makes that I got my attention was the reference to energy transmission capacity with the current energy infrastructure.  I think this is a point most people don't think about when they talk about change in the energy sector.  I know that I had not thought of this issue until I met Chris from my Sloan core team.  Before coming to Sloan he worked for a company that was working on this exact issue and he had some very interesting incites on the energy infrastructure in the U.S.


Lets just say that




  1. By communistic magic we could provide everyone in the U.S. with an electric car

  2. Solar power worked as well as hippies wished it would...and could provide all the free energy we needed


What would happen?  A vast majority of the population would come home from work just after 5 PM and they would plug in their cars to charge for the night.  Can you imagine the size of the energy pull and the strain this would put on the electrical grid?  Epic Fail!



It is good to know that people are thinking about the indirect effects of trying to change the way we generate and use energy.

5 comments:

  1. ...

    It's good to have the capacity to study a excellent high quality submit with beneficial information on topics that plenty are fascinated on. The point that the files indicated are all primary hand on live experiences even guide much more. Proceed perf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    BOH thank you for sharing the details.. -SA....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    WNP What a great resource! -RA....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A relevant, intelligent post about an issue that so much common sense is missing.

    ReplyDelete