Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh bloggy blog

So...not much is going on here.  The semester is in full swing and the work load is starting to ramp up.  So far, it is not too bad.  The fun time for me and scheduling is lunch time.  Lunch time is about the only time that everyone in a group is free, and so everyone thinks that it is a good time to have a meeting.  Problem is we are all in multiple groups.  On top of that, I have a professor who has to miss some lectures and he also thinks that lunch time is a good time to have make-up sessions.  As far as school work/homework/reading goes, nothing too serious yet.  Silly OP project is looming out there but otherwise all is well in Whovillle.

I would have plenty of free time if EA had not released Spore.  On top of that, Rock Band 2 is coming out as well as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  On top of all of that, my XBOX 360 died (2nd time in two years...and I still would recommend XBOX360 over PS3!).  I am very sad to say that I do not have enough time to play all of the video games that I want to.  Stupid school...getting in the way of my video game playing.

Engineering classes are fun.  They feel natural.  I feel bad for the PhD students sitting next to me in Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Pathways...this one guy today kept asking me questions about the material..and I did not have the heart to tell him that I have no idea what is going on.  It's not to say that I can't comprehend the material...but it has been some time since I had Organic chemistry (or any chemistry for that matter) and I really have to think about what the professor is saying.

Some McKinsey guy (Gene Zelazny) came and gave us a presentation on presentations today (no, that is NOT a typo).  I can say that I did not fall asleep once...so he rated very high on the interesting scale.  Of course, everything he said seemed so logical and simple...but at the same time (like so many things that should be common sense) people don't always act logically.  For example, as he was presenting he would hit the period button after you read his slides.  Apparently, the period button turns your PowerPoint to a blank screen.  When the screen goes blank, you look at the presenter and stop looking at the screen.  Makes sense...but no one does it.

Cliff Notes: If you ever have to do a presentation in a business setting, you are going to need his (Gene Zelazny) books.

4 comments:

  1. ...

    great guidance and sharing,I will get this amazing for me .thank you!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    YBA Okay article. I simply discovered your web site and wished to say I have truly enjoyed reading through your thoughts. By any signifies I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I actually hope you article yet again quickly. -LZ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    I saw this really good post these days!...

    ReplyDelete