Monday, February 16, 2009

LFM Hockey

This past Tuesday (February 10th) the LFM class of 09 faced off against the LFM X class (I don’t like the use of the phrase “X” class…but it is what has stuck among LFM and so I use it). The game was a ton of fun and continues to be a great tradition of LFM. The game was evenly matched (as always the X class was held in there by the stellar performance of it’s goaltender Travis) with a good back and forth. Each class has a few hockey players and a ton of ankle benders. Those of us who can skate try to keep the game moving and fun for the rest of the team.
Side note...typically I am a goaltender (the guy in the pads pictured above) and goaltenders just stand there...so if any of my hockey player  friends heard that I included myself in a group of people who "can skate" I would be  laughed off the ice...but alas, I digress.

Side note...typically I am a goaltender (the guy in the pads pictured above) and goaltenders just stand there...so if any of my hockey player friends heard that I included myself in a group of people who "can skate" I would be laughed off the ice...but alas, I digress.


As I said, the game was a good back and forth (no team dominated) and both sides were pretty much evenly matched. The 09 class went ahead early in the game 1 to 0 and maintained the lead well into the third period when the X class tied the game up 1 to 1. With a few minutes to go the 09 class pulled ahead with a commanding (given the limited time) 2 to 1 lead and despite a valiant effort, the X class was not able to tie it up. Hats off to the 09 class, they were the victors of the big game!
Both classes after the game.  Picture taken from Rodolfo's facebook account.

Both classes after the game. Picture taken from Rodolfo's facebook account.


After the game a large group of LFMs from both classes walked to the Thirsty Ear (a bar on campus) and partied until they kicked us out. The two classes faceoff again on February 23rd and it promises to be another fun event.

6 comments:

  1. ...

    I saw this really good post these days!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    CBI Your stage is valueble for me. Thanks! -JA....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...

    Great blog, thank you a great deal with the awesome posts!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...

    JJH Very inspiring write-up, Thank you !! -LP....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    Extremely inspiring article, Thank you !?!...

    ReplyDelete